HEAD is making headlines in the Open Water swimming segment and is now launching the World's first wetsuit for SwimRun. The very first of it's kind.
SwimRun is the new endurance sport from Sweden which is expanding rapidly internationally. Teams of two run and swim along a clearly marked course wearing the same equipment all through the race. The SwimRun trend started with ÖTILLÖ, ranked by CNN as "one of the toughest endurance races in the world".
HEAD's SwimRun suit is custom-made for both swimming and running performance and features:
• Highly flexible 2mm neoprene providing great freedom for movement
• 4mm panels placed on chest and upper thighs fort increased buoyancy
• Front and back zipper for "cabin down" while running
• Two easily accessible inner pockets for carrying extra equipment
• Nylon panels placed between legs preventing friction while running
• The suit comes in full-length with heat-taped seams, which makes length
adjustments in arms and legs easy
• Sizes and models for both women and men
"At HEAD, we see great potential for the SwimRun market. In 2011 we began a long-term cooperation with the ÖTILLÖ organizers and we are building our product portfolio to match the needs of this demanding sport. We are excited to launch the first HEAD SwimRun suit and set a new standard for the sport with high technology wear", says Daniel Sand, Marketing Director at HEAD Swimming Nordic countries.
Over 20 SwimRun events will take place in 2014 in the Nordic region, with ÖTILLÖ as the flagship event on September 1. On July 12, the first SwimRun race outside the Nordic region will take place in the Swiss Alps - the Engadin SwimRun. The spectacular Engadin Valley in Switzerland is known by many because of the famous Alpine village St. Moritz.